10 November 2005

tempting fate

So far so good - I paid the $100 to have the wiring replaced on the Houride's oil switch, and that seems to have been the problem. I hate to say that too loudly and I'm still waiting for the oil light to come back on.

The bad news is that the whole wiring harnes will need to be replaced at some point, but such is life. That is one of the common failing components of pre 86 Volvos, and frankly I am shocked that mine is still the original. I assumed that since I haven't had problems with it before now, it must have been replaced.

Next on the list is a new paint-job. I would go with the original color, but then I would want to get all the crhrome & trim fixed, and that will be hard to do since they stopped making the coupes in 1983. Instead, I might get creative, and I'm leaning toward something like this:

No comments: