22 November 2005

"Ready or not...

...here I come, you can't hide..."

On the same trip to Target that furnished The Chronic I also secured the Fugees second record "The Score"

Car stereos and 6x9s were invented so that I could sing along with Lauren Hill on the remake of Roberta Flack's "Killing Me Softly." Roberta was actually not the first to do this number - but her version does include a verse that the Fugees sadly omitted:

He sang as if he knew me in all my dark despair.
And then he looked right through me as if I wasn't there.
But he just came to singing, singing clear and strong.

There is also a B Movie thriller called "Killing Me Softly" that came out in 2002. IMDb gives the following plot summary: "A woman faces deadly consequences for abandoning her loving relationship with her boyfriend to pursue exciting sexual scenarios with a mysterious celebrity mountaineer." Thank god for Netflix.

In case you are wondering whatever happened to Lauren Hill, there are rumors that the Fugees are getting back together - but I can tell you that she is doing just fine. We have been living happily together for some time now and she sings to me every night.

Have a good Thanksgiving. I may not post until next week, but the odds are at least 50/50 that I will tie one on Thursday and tell you the story about my Grandfather & cranberry sauce and talk about how Thanksgiving is my favorite of all the holidays.

No comments: