27 November 2005

little things, part 2

Pizza is good. There are several pizza joints in the ATL that serve up quality pie. I don't mean Papa Johns or Pizza Hut thin crust - I mean real made from scratch dough tossin' pizza. NYC obviously is the Champion of pizza. I've only found one place that has good pie around here - The Italian Store. It is quite good. Honestly there is such a derth of quality in the area that my standards may have lowered...but I don't think so.

I am generally a 2 topping guy. I don't know why, but you get much more than that and everything blends together and you lose the subtle accent. In general, I think I prefer simple cooking though. There is something to be said for just getting the pure good fresh tastes without a lot of fullamazoo.

A nice fresh tomato deserves nothing more than 2 slices of white bread, some salt, pepper and mayo. I have also been known to eat them like apples leaning over the kitchen sink with juice running down my elbow. Pizza with just fresh sliced tomatoes is good.

Life with honest good pizza is good.

No comments: