16 November 2005

cold remedy

I'm sick - well, only half sick. I managed to get emergency rest before the full on cold set in, but I also am still battling the invasion.

I first started feeling it at about 4 or 5 on Monday, but still toughed ot out and went to my 6:15 class. After my trip to the grocer I adopted my old college remedy. It requires the following:
1)- eat as much as you possibly can. I go with Campbell's chicken noodle supplemented with crushed ramen noodles. I ate 2 of those.
2)- drink as much as you can. Particularly if you are eating sodium packed soup, you need water - and you need juice. Not from concentrate.
3)- take vitamins. I start with an Emergen-C, then add liquid echinacia & goldenseal. I use that to wash down a multi-vitamin & some zinc.
4)- Nyquil. I have the generic stuff, and it doesn't seem to be as good.
5)- after you take the nyquil, you start drinking the following concoction until you pass out - guaranteeing plenty of sleep:

Place 3 ice cubes in a pint glass. Add 3/4 oz of vodka. Then add equal parts Orange Juice, Grapefruit Juice, and Seltzer water. I usually get about three of these down before collapsing into a deep sleep - over nine hours each of the last two nights, and I think I am winning the battle.

No comments: