18 November 2005

one of those days

I hate it when people post to their blog about what they did that day - who caes? It is usually some boring b.s. about brushing your hair or walking your dog or getting in a fight with your significant other. That being said - this is what my day was like yesterday. I think it was funny. At least, sometimes all you can do is laugh:

I bailed on my evening class to go home and rest to battle the evil forces - although I felt a little guilty because I didn't feel that bad. On the way home, I stopped at the post office and couldn't think of a better time or place, so I locked my keys in the car. Fortunately there was a dry cleaner a few blocks away that gave me a coat hanger - and since I just put new speakers in the door, I am all to familiar with the locking mechanism. After 15 minutes of weird looks from people in the parking lot, I was on my way home.

Home is where I discovered that I left the power cable for my laptop at school. SWEET! No biggie - I call my buddie and he agrees to go up to the room and secure it for me. I tried calling him after class, but he didn't answer until he got home...with my power cable.

Normally that would have been good - except that I had since remembered that I have a 5:00 meeting at school and, since my laptop is dead, I can't send an e-mail to cancel. So I go to the meeting and try to set up some exchange with to pick up my power cable and then I wait outside in the cold for 15 minutes for my buddie to drop it off because he is on his way some where else.

The up shot of all this was that I figured it was conclusive evidence that my brain was not functioning and there was no reason for me to be at in class at school...even though I was there anyway.

1 comment:

aldogg said...

her number was also on my laptop