28 November 2005

an Apple a day

In my book, Fiona Apple is under rated or at least underappreciated by the people I know who dig music. Sure, "Criminal" (off her 1996 debut Tidal) was over played - but don't try to tell me you ever got sick of the video.

Her sultry & dark voice cary the album and it has a place on everyone's shelf. It is not an "any mood" record that you can pop in the car stereo on a warm spring day and go tearing down country roads with the windows rolled down singing along & puffing a joint...but who wants to listen to that stuff all the time anyway?

There are apparently Fiona Apple freaks - such as this website - and she has released two records since Tidal (one just this fall), but I have honestly never hear a single track off either one of them. All I know is that she was in my ear on the way to school today and it's hard not to shudder when she sings.

If you have other records that fit that mood - post 'em.

P.S. - yes, she can see through you with those eyes...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Her new cd extrodinary machine is really fucking great, you sould get it and listen and repeat