07 October 2005

update: refund aproved

I just got off the phone with US AIR. Well, mostly I was on the phone with "hold," but you know how it goes. You may remember that my friends & I had a big trip planned to see the Panthers play the Saints in New Orleans. Needless to say, the trip is canceled and a couple of weeks ago I tried to get my $225 dollars back from USAIR. They balked and said I had a non-refundable ticket.

The short version is that I just invested 40 mins on the phone and they agreed to refund my ticket. The long version is that I had to ask for supervisor, who never actually got on the phone, and when they finally refunded my money it was because there had been a schedule change - not because for all they know half of my 14 family members are living in the Astrodome and the other half have yet to be located. To be clear, I don't have any family down there and my family is safe in their respective locations, but US Air didn't seem to give a shit either way.

I am considering taking $20 of the refund & spending it on one of the NFL's "Be A Saint" T-shirts, but I'm not sure about wearing enemy colors. Of course - it is for a good cause and would be a nice way to show support for the city when we finally do get to New Orleans for that football weekend. (assuming they don't move the team)

No comments: