20 October 2005

Once it hits your lips...

There are few things as polarizing as what octane milk people drink. If you are a 2% guy or gal, you wouldn't be caught dead with a glass of that white-water skim stuff. People also rarely shift levels. If you were raised on whole milk, there is simply no substitute, and you won't trade down. Probably the only people who shift are those who were raised on powdered milk.

Well yesterday I showed up at the grocery store to grab a few things - including of course milk - and they were out of 2%. How could they be out? I asked a guy to check in the back. No dice. I guess that is what I get for going to the grocery store at 9:00 on a Wednesday when I should be at the bar. So, those people who know me know that I was paralized with indecision. They had cholate milk, whole milk, 1% milk, and of course I had the option of going to a different store. The different store grabbed me first, but I decided to indulge myself and bought the whole milk.

Let's just say that my cherios have never been so filling, my coffee never so creamy. Yummmm. I probably won't stick with whole milk (which actually only has 38% more fat that 2%, even though you'd think that whole milk would be 98% more than 2%). But I will go home and mix up some Nestle's Quick in a frozen mug and enjoy it with a double decker PB&J for snack.

...it's just so good.

No comments: