28 October 2005

craving

some people get cravings for choclate. I get cravings for music. I've had "In the Light" stuck in my head for three days. Yesterday I went to the local record store, but the only Zeppelin they had was the 2 disk greatest hits release. Who the hell wants that? No wonder local record stores are dieing. I mean, I want to support locally owned everything - like teh coffee shop near school rather than Starbucks - but if you don't have what people want, what do you expect them to do? While I was there I bought Jimi Hendrix Band of Gypsies, so it wasn't a total loss.

The problem is that no matter how loud you play Machine Gun over & over, it still isn't "In the Light." The same thing goes for chocolate or food or whatever. No matter how many budwisers you swill back, they won't fill that deep down thirst for the season's first Guiness.

So this morning I went to Barnes & Noble and grabbed Physical Graffiti. This is actually the first copy I have ever owned, and I feel much better.

(sorry for the lack of links - no time today. But that is why god invended google. There is a reason both words start with G O you know.)

No comments: