21 October 2005

Lucky

Sometimes I think internet radio could change the world.

Bill & Rebecca Goldsmith started Radio Paradise years ago and just did it for free, accepting donations. Within a few years the donations were pouring in at a pace that allowed them to do this full time. But rater than take the money & run, they invest an adequate amount in upgrades to the site. For more history / background, click on their "Info" tab.

The top right of the webpage shows the recent playlist and if you click on a song, you can rate it, request it, and find out the discography information - as well as buy the album.

When I first got turned onto the station, the guy was traveling with a webcam & broadcasting from his laptop. Now that's the fuckin life. Maybe internet radio won't change the whole world, but it sure did change Bill & Rebecca's world. And if you listen, maybe it can change your's.

Radiohead song of the day (inspiration courtesy RP):

I'm on a roll,
I'm on a roll this time

I feel my luck could change.


Kill me Sarah,

kill me again with love,

it's gonna be a glorious day.


Pull me out of the aircrash,

Pull me out of the lake,

I'm your superhero,

we are standing on the edge.


The head of state has called for me by name

but I don't have time for him.

It's gonna be a glorious day!

I feel my luck could change.


Pull me out of the aircrash,

Pull me out of the lake,

I'm your superhero,

we are standing on the edge.


We are standing on the edge.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you finally feeling the Radiohead? OK Computer is the shit, no?

aldogg said...

I've been onboard: http://shabletha.blogspot.com/2005/07/computer-ok.html

Some days are Radiohead days, some are not. I don't know what it looks like outside your window, but in DC it is a Radiohead day.