19 September 2005

rated pg-13

I usually don't post twice in the same day - I figure I could save the post for tomorrow to keep things fresh, but this is pissing me off. I also usually try to keep this blog semi-family friendly, but you will have to pardon my french for just a moment.

My friends & I tried to start a tradition of traveling to see an away Panthers game. This year we were all going to New Orleans on December 18th to see the Panthers @ Saints in the Super Dome and generally have a drunken bro-down weekend. Needless to say, the trip is canceled.

Fucking bastard ass bankrupt USAIR wants to charge my ass $100 to change the New Orleans flight. It was bad enough that they routed my call to Bangladesh over what sounded like a friggin world war one two-way radio, or that their change-flight fee is four times as much as Delta's, but now they want me to pay half the cost of the ticket just because the whole damn city is gone.

Don't get me wrong - I am lucky compared to a lot of the people down in New Orleans, but it is total bull shit that US Air is trying to make money off of me in the wake of this tragedy. I'm not even asking for a refund - I just want a full credit towards a different flight. If I end up having to pay a cent more to change my flight, it will only be after I have finished chewing off the ear of the highest supervisor they put on the phone and I swear I will never fly on their airline again.

No comments: