13 September 2005

fight the power

the weird ways my procrastinating brain works...

I have been having problems with MS Outlook. The short version is that I cannot send e-mail from home and school without changing settings every time I change locations. I'll leave it at that.

After failing to find a solution, I decided to switch to Thunderbird - the Mozilla mail client. I switched from IE to Firefox about 9 months ago and have been happy so far, although I still use IE from time to time. I was a little turned off because Thunderbird doesn't come with a calendar, so I had to keep using Outlook. Well, stupid me didn't actually try to find out if there is a calendar extension for Thunderbird, and of course there is.

While Microsoft's monopoly has some advantages, screw 'em. I'm finally done with outlook, and it took me WAY less time than I expected. Now I can refocus my goals in life.

So, in thinking of a title for this post I got the song stuck in my head, which also led me to think of the credit intro to an often forgotten fantastic movie - Do The Right Thing.


I went looking for a picture of Rosie Perez dancing, but couldn't find one. I did, however, run across this pretty good website called DVD Beaver. I have no idea why it is called that - it is totally safe for work etc.

No comments: