18 July 2005

Toss-up

There are many things to write about today - but I've limited them to Harry Potter & Tiger Woods, and I'll keep it short.

Harry Potter is an amazing phenomenon . I don't think we ever had anything even close like that when I was growing up. I mean, kids are staying up all night to read the book - maybe I'll pick up the first one and start at the beginning.
I saw a thing on CNN interviewing blind kids. It turns out that this is the first Harry Potter book that was sent in advance to the people who do Braille translations. Until now, the blind kids would have to wait weeks or months before they could read the book - I mean, it sucks bad enough to be blind, but then they have to listen to all their friends ruin the ending? This time, the Braille people got an advanced copy, so the blind kids could start reading at the same time as everyone else. They are still, however, blind.
That J.K. Rowling woman is richer than rich though, and she may be the most deserving rich person in the world. It is miraculous to get that many kids to read books that re 600 pages long. I think I have only read 2 books that long - and it took me more than 7 hours.

I hate Tiger Woods and I hate it when he wins. He says stupid jackass things like "'Why would I change my game?' This is why," Woods said. "First, second and first in the last three majors. That's why."

No comments: