12 July 2005

Computer O.K.?

I have a 1 hour commute each way to my internship, which has been great for 2 reasons. First, I have been catching up on the music I miss. Second, I know that I will never live a permanent lifestyle that forces me to spend that much of my time commuting.

RadioHead is one of those bands that everyone tells me is good, and I trust them, but for whatever reason I just haven't gotten into their music.

About a month ago I listened to Kid A straight through 3 times - all in the car - and it never grabbed me. Even the kind reviews describe something that, to me, is absolutely boring.

This morning I went for OK Computer. It is much better, and reaches the crescendos that I like in music. It still has that RadioHead sound, and after 60 mins barreling down the highway with the windows rolled down and music blaring, I was an absolute zoned out zombie walking into work today - complete with dilated pupils, stiff knees and hair sticking straight up in the air.

nothing a few cups of coffee couldn't fix - although I could still use a nap to re-boot.

No comments: