22 July 2005

Boondocks

If you don't read the Boondocks, you should. I hoped the Boondocks webpage would be good, but it is just a place to buy stuff, so here's a sample from this week's strip (click to enlarge):
The whole week has been about McDonalds revamping its corporate image - becomming a "lifestyle brand." For more on McDonalds generally, check out the McShit.

Aaron McGruder, who writes the strip, is more famous for setting his sights on political figures in much the same manner. You should be able to find the strip in your local newspaper, although I use Washington Post online.

The Boondocks will be appearing as an animated series on TV this fall, but I am fairly confident that it will suck. I am also confident that I will not ever find out for sure because there is no way I am tuning in to Cartoon Network's Adult Swim at 11pm on Sundays after spending all day drinking beer and celebrating another Panthers victory.

No comments: