05 July 2005

A Good Day

Today was like one of those fly dreams
Didn’t even see a berry flashing those high beams

No helicopter looking for a murder
Two in the morning got the fat burger
Even saw the lights of the goodyear blimp
And it read ice cube’s a pimp

Drunk as hell but no throwing up
Half way home and my pager still blowing up
Today I didn’t even have to use my a.k.
I got to say it was a good day.

THE PREDATOR is one of the forgotten gems of 90s hip-hop, before the bling bling era invaded the radio waves. The re-issue includes several additional tracks, including the radio friendly versions of Today Was a Good Day & Check Yo Self. Buy your new copy today (this link to Barnes & Noble is provided for your convienence only - it would make me happier if you went to your local record store. That way you could listen to it on the way home and support local business).

No comments: