30 May 2006

People watching in Union Station

So, I've been frequenting the Union Station Food Court for lunch, and there is always something absurd to see. If I'm not posting on my blog, it's because I'm busy not because there is nothing to write about.

I figure People watching in Union Station ("P.U.S.") can be my newest recurring theme that never actually recurrs.

Today I watched a guy nudge his table, which caused the empty pepsi bottle he just finished to fall off the table and roll out into the area where people were walking. He watched it for a moment, as if wondering when it would evaporate after having touched the ground. It didn't, but got kicked as some woman almost tripped on it, and he looked back to his food and kept eating. Something must be wrong with this guy. He reached across the table to grab the plate that still had a few bites left before his friend returned from who knows where and they both got up and walked off, leaving all their trash there. I hate people.

Having seen this, the woman sitting with her friends at the next table over reached over as if to pick up the tray, but instead just added her plate to the pile and turned back to keep chatting away.

Lunch is not supposed to be anger inducing.

No comments: