27 May 2006

Tips for D.C. Tourists # 16

I'm working near Union Station, which means that if I go up there for lunch I am consumed by masses of elementry & middle school tour groups. At some point someone decided that a good way to keep track of your group would be to dress them all in the same color shirts - and I don't mean baby blue. I mean electric blue, hot pink, neon green & yellow, and other colors that, when blended together as these groups collide and weave through the food court createing a performance art piece that rivals hyper-color clothes and neon checkerboard shoe laces from the 80s, are all equally siezure inducing.




If you are thinking of doing this, my advice is to choose a normal color because your kids will really stand out in a white shirt. If you choose any of the colors mentioned above, you will ensure that they can only get lost in one of the ten other groups wearing a shirt that is the same migraine color as your kids.

No comments: