19 May 2006

back in the saddle

I'm back in black after finishing exams and taking a few days to recover. I am still getting warmed up on the blog tip, and to tell you the truth I don't know how things will go when I start work.

Dell announced that it will be using a non-Intel chip in one of their higher end servers. More important as far as I am concerned is the following:

"Dell also said it would spend more than $100 million on improving its customer service, which it acknowledged had deteriorated and affected the company's image and its sales. It said it hired 2,000 new sales and support staff and retrained 5,000 others. "
http://www.nytimes.com/2006/05/19/technology/19dell.html?th&emc=th

I worked with/on Dell comuters at work & the service we received was why I choose a Dell when I started school. My computer ended up being a lemon, and after several go-rounds with tech support and a technician comming to replace parts, they sent me a whole new one. That being said, I probably wouldn't buy a Dell laptop again. The desktops are so cheap that I might buy one of those though.

No comments: