23 February 2006

oranges

I woke up with a bit of a fever this morning - nothing too bad, just a little fatigue etc. But enough to where I want to make sure I don't get all the way sick. I am undergoing my normal cold remedy, but without the screw drivers.

I did grab a bag of oranges at the grocery store yesterday, and man they are good. FYI - Harris Teeter has navel oranges for like a dollar each right at the front of the produce section, but they have bags of slightly smaller oranges that are 4.99 for like 10.


I was eating one this afternoon and it was super juicy & sweet. I don't generally believe in god (or God), but I was thinking as I peeled & ate this orange that it is just way too good to be a random coincidence. Same goes for grapefruits - red ones anyway (which could be man-made domesticated for all I know). It was like that same sensation you get standing on the beach, ankle deep in the surf, watching the most beautiful sunsets ever - there must be something greater.

Go get yourself a nice juicy orange - they are good. If you are feeling nostalgic, cut it into wedges and stick the peel in your mouth in front of your teeth like you did when you were a kid.

No comments: