12 January 2006

Extraordinary Machine

Partly at the recomendation of the 'anonomous' comment to my earlier post about Fiona Apple, but mostly because it was already on my to-get list, and finally because it jumped off the rack at me last time I was at Target, I grabbed Extraordinary Machine last week. I have yet to get through the whole thing. I guess the piano is considered Jazz (which I am ashamed to admitt rarely grabs me), but rythmicallyI think it is incredibly intelectual music. Her voice is sweet as ever, and her lyrics are all there, but I feel almost like there is a disconnect between what she is singing and the music that is playing.

This is obviously just my first impression, and in my experience lasting quality music rarely leaves a good first impression.

This is an exerpt from her song "Better Version Of Me"

I am likely to miss the main event
If I stop to cry and complain again
So I will keep a deliberate pace
Let the damned breeze dry my face

Ooooh mister wait until you see
What I'm gonna be

I've got a plan, a demand and it just began
And if you're right, you'll agree

Here's coming a better version of me


I'm headed to get my iPod today, so I will be back on track listening to tunes as much as possible. I'll give you an update when I've had it for a bit longer.

1 comment:

aldogg said...

dude - you need to start a "I beat off to Mark Brunell" blog.