07 June 2005

tough stuff

This is way harder than I thought. A friend of mine has an imensely entertaining blog (nolege), and I was feeling like I had somethig to say, so I started this one. But then I realized that no one wants to read a blog made up of someone's daily cry-baby bitch session. Until I find a purpose or theme for this, you will have to deal with my inconsistent posts and probably an extensive amount of news postings - with a tilt towards the Panthers. Of course, no there could be as venerable as visiting 1000 bars in a year.

The 2005 season is showing a lot of promise as we've added a top-flight OL and CB. But there is always going to be a question mark somewhere - and this season it is looking like WR. We are really only 2 deep at WR, but Drew Carter could be the answer we're looking for.

Carter makes speedy recovery
Returns from knee injury as fastest wide receiver

CHARLOTTE -- Drew Carter said he always believed he'd make it back.

He convinced himself last week, proving himself the fastest wide receiver on the Carolina Panthers' roster.

Despite missing last season with his third major knee injury, Carter was able to out-run teammate Steve Smith for bragging rights when the team tested players in the 40-yard dash.

A grinning Carter said he was clocked in 4.34 seconds, slightly faster than Smith.

"Number one," Carter said, nodding. "I was giving Steve a little stuff, because he's had the crown for the last three or four years."

READ THE COMPLETE ARTICLE

No comments: