19 June 2005

boy oh boy...

... was I drunk when I made that last post. I had been sipping on Evan Williams Single Barrel (1995 Vintage), and I must say that it was excellent. It is on the sweeter side - although probably not as sweet as Knob Creek - with strong notes of vanilla. For 21 bucks, I don't think there is another bourbon that can even get close. Elijah Craig 12 was my previous "Best Buy" but I might have to put the Evan Single in that category. I usually find Elijah for around $17 a bottle, so the Evan is a bit more expensive - but it is just that good.

(both Evan Williams & Elijah Craig are produced by Heaven Hill Distillery. I highly recomend poking around their website, as well as the Evan Williams site, to learn more about the bourbon making tradition.)

So anyway - to clarify my late night rant - it is amazing that a substance people use all the time without ever getting into trouble is the same substance that some people get sent away to federal prison for a very long time.

A good friend of mine once pointed out that if pot is illegal, there is no way Bourbon should be legal.

No comments: