24 April 2007

OCD Much?

The people that live above me vacuum a lot. I mean like, WAY too much. They are vacuuming right now - 10:17 on a Tuesday night. I hear them vacuum about 4 times a week, and I'm not home THAT much.

I don't know what to tell them. It doesn't bother me that much, but that's only because I am a student and it isn't that loud. I figure I just shouldn't say anything in case I ever start playing music late at night and they try to complain.

"What? You think my music's too loud?!!? Shouldn't you be vacuuming anyway?" And then they will suddenly realize that I am right, they should be vacuuming, and run back upstairs having forgotten that my music was too loud.


NEWS OF THE DAY:

I'll start working for the government next year, making less money than I could if I were working for the private sector. I hope these clowns don't ruin what really is a good benefit for me - and a program that probably goes a long way to getting commuters off the road.

U.S. Employees Selling Transit Passes Illegally, Investigators Say

WASHINGTON, April 23 — To save gas, cut air pollution and unclog roads, the federal government gives its workers about $250 million a year in bus and subway passes. But many of the employees drive to work anyway and sell the transit passes on the Internet for cash, according to Congressional investigators.

“The metro cards are brand new, never used and do not expire,” read one online description for subway passes in Washington, where many of the sales originate. “I am selling these because I receive them monthly as part of my benefits at work, and I now have too many.”

Government employees who resell the passes are committing fraud, according to a report by the Government Accountability Office, scheduled to be released Tuesday by Senator Norm Coleman, Republican of Minnesota.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/04/24/washington/24perk.html

No comments: