04 October 2006

mix it up

My iTunes library is up to 554 albums by 267 artists taking up just under 50GB of hard drive and constituting 27.6 days of continuous music. Granted, 101 of those albums and 25GB of the memory is devoted to live WSP I pulled down from Digital Panic . org. But still, that only counts for 8 days of music (while I do convert the songs to mp4, I use a higher sample rate, so the files are about twice as big as traditional mp3s)

Needless to say, this is really an unmanageable amount of music. There are hours and hours - probably days - worth of music that I have never listened to since I got my iPod last January.

And that, I assume, is why Apple invented the shuffle function. Here's the song list that I got this morning:

Freak Mama, Mudhoney & Sir Mixalot, Judgment Night Soundtrack
Stop Go, WSP, 6/28/96
Horn, Nick Drake, Pink Moon
L.A., WSP, 6/22/01
Dr. Butcher, Psycho-Possum, Assorted Fruit Flavors (Ghostmeat Records compilation)
Come Closer, Porter Davis, Bootleg Series Vol. 1
You Could Be Mine, Guns & Roses, Live Era '87-'93

No comments: