01 October 2006

fear germs

I was at the grocery store the other day and right beside the entrance, next to the carts, was a "disinfectant wipes" dispenser, and a diagram of a hand wiping down the handle of a shopping cart. Seriously. I don't know about you, but my brother and I grew up going to the grocery store with my mom and we pushed & rode in the cart and to my knowledge she never used a disinfectant wipe to wipe down the cart. She probably let us eat the free cookies without giving our hands a bath in Purell. Both of us have turned out pretty well - there might be some argument about that, but at least we are not sickly people, we never contracted a life threatening disease from the grocery cart or got sick from some germs on our hands.

Nevertheless, now that this amazing new technology is available, I'm sure parents everywhere will be going that extra mile to shop at the grocer that has disinfectant wipes for the carts.

No comments: