07 December 2005

fishing for something

Jane's Addiction is not what I would consider under appreciated or underrated - I think most people know what they are and how influential they were to pop music. If you have seen them live, there is no deying it. My favorite album is Nothing Shocking - and not because of Jane Says, and not because of Mountain Song. Because of the first 2 tracks, which I do think are often overlooked. Up the Beach > Ocean Size. I tend to buy into the idea that there are summer people & winter people.

Summer people can generally be divided into lake people, mountain people, and beach people. I am a beach person. I long for the feel of sand between my toes; for salt water wind in my hair; for the violent calm that is swimming underwater in the surf. I am never ever ever as at ease as I am at the ocean.

I wish I was ocean size.


"Ocean Size"


Wish I was ocean size
They cannot move you
No one tries
No one pulls you
Out from your hole
Like a tooth aching a jawbone...

I was made with a heart of stone
To be broken
With one hard blow
I've seen the ocean
Break on the shore
Come together with no harm done...

It ain't easy living...

I want to be
As deep
As the ocean
Mother ocean

Some people tell me
Home is in the sky
In the sky lives a spy
I want to be more like the ocean
No talking
All action...
No talking

All action...

No comments: