06 August 2005

___sploitation

So, my girl travels for her job - and I mean travels. She regularly has 3-5 week trips to places like Zambia. Where does that leave me? At home with Netflix. At somepoint I decided to go with themed selections of movies while she is gone, and the most recent theme is/was Blacksploitation Films.

This all started way back when I was procrastinating one sunday afternoon with school work to do and I watched the Independant Spirit Awards and saw Mario Van Peebles get nominated for his movie Baadasssss! that chronicled his fathers efforts to make Sweet Sweetback's Baadassss Song. So I had this in the back of my mind, and something a couple weeks ago reminded me that I had never seen Pam Grier naked. Well, Pam Grier naked and Blacksploitation go hand in hand. If you are familer with either 1)- Melvin van Peebles or 2)- Pam Grier naked, it will not suprise you to find out that my mission has been more fulfilling than I expected.

First of all, Pam Grier is super hot. No woman with a frame like that should have breasts like that. And it's really nice to see some non-plastic nudity.


With that out of the way, lemme say that everyone should see Sweet Sweetback's Baadassss Song. As a movie, it is pretty bad - but as a culturally significant event, it is eye opening. This post is already too long, so maybe I'll leave further explanation for a later date - or e-mail me & I'll give you more details.

My recomendation is to watch Sweetback, then watch Baadasssss! and then watch Sweetback again. Pam Grier is not in those movies. She will get her own post at a later date.

No comments: