21 November 2006

parking cars

Finding a parking spot in my neighborhood can be a real pain, so it is especially infuriating to see cars that are parked in two spaces. Sometimes this happens in spaces with lines painted on, but usually it happens when someone parallel parks where there s room for two cars, but doesn't pull up or back and just stays in the middle, with a half space in front and a half space in back. That does me a lot of good when I want to park there too.

I used to assume that these people were so concerned about their brand new BMW SUVs getting a mark on the bumper, that they took measures to keep other cars away. My idea for a remedy was to keep a broom stick handle in my car and smash out their tail lights. If you are gonna freak out about other cars touching your bumper, you need to live somewhere where you have a driveway or garage or parking space. If you live in the city and use on-street parking, people will tap you with their cars.

BUT - I have noticed that it is not just the prissy luxury cars that do this, so I have modified my theory: People are just idiots and don't know that they should pull all the way into one spot so that other people can park in the other spot. One option for a remedy that was suggested to me is to leave a note on their windshield - in lipstick. That is a good idea, but might take too long. Instead, I am thinking about ordering some of these and sticking them on the windows - or maybe on the paint so that I will also piss off the prissy people who park like that on purpose.

Here are my ideas:



No comments: