12 September 2006

shoping carts

I can't stand it when people puch their grocery cart out to their car and then just leave it sitting there in the parking lot. Is it really that hard to push it back? Then, of course, people push them most of the way back but leave them sitting on the sidewalk or curb. So what do people entering the grocery store do? Do they grab one of those carts and shop with it? Hell no. They walk by about 8 carts that are outside - they weave through a veritable obstacal course of shopping carts, and then grab a new one out of the stack of carts just inside the door.

These are probably the same people who refuse to bag their own groceries.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I take my cart from the parking lot, bag my own groceries after waiting in a 30-minute long line, and push my cart to my car and unload my groceries into the car. After that, you better believe I leave that cart right where I found it.

I remember going shopping with my mom when I was little--there was always a cashier and a bagger. There was also a designated place in the parking lot for carts, and I loved hauling ass through the lot to bring the cart into its designated spot. Now I'm lucky to get a cashier.

Safeway can figure out how to get the carts back into the store.