27 June 2006

The Washington D.C. commute

If you want to read a blog about the horrible commutes that we have had here in D.C., just google "some old lame blog written by a hill staff intern who covets reading The Express and wearing his or her i.d. badge in a visible place as long into happy hour as possible before someone makes fun of them." Or you could read this or this [I don't actually know these blogs, they are just what came up in my search].

If you want to read a blog by someone who makes fun of those people behind teir back on his own anonomyous blog, read on reader. . .

In the last two days I saw a man offer his seat to a woman . . . after he had been sitting in it for 45 mins (which ended up being less than half the ride). That's better than nothing I guess.

Taking the advice of the last person to post a comment here, I tapped some guy sitting in one of the reserve seats and pointed out to him that a blind guy was standing there with no where to sit. He got up and the blind guy sat down, fell asleep, and started snoring so that the whole train could hear him. Hey - I don't know why being blind makes it hard for you to stand on the train, but I imagine that if you were blind, you would be tired too.

Hell - when I'm on the home stretch of a train ride to work that is lasting 4 times longer than teh normal 30 mins, and I've been standing for 2 hours and the clock is nearing 10:00 and I haven't had my Starbucks, I'm pretty tired too.

on the iPod:
nothing because I've missplaced it just in time for extra long commutes

EDIT:
Apparently if you link to other news stories, you get more hits on your blog.
read about the Tuesday commute here: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/06/27/AR2006062700287.html

No comments: