23 April 2006

Unamailer

This is me - I usually hate trying to have significant communication via e-mail, although I really hate I.M. That is not to say that I won't break off a longer heart felt e-mail now and then, and I see the virtue of properly used I.M., but I hate getting caught in an escalating e-mail exchange where my every reply/response engenders a longer e-mail with more gartuitious detail and more questions to which I am supposed to respond.

From Lisa Belkin in today's NYT:

"Johnny Wong, a public relations consultant from San Bruno, Calif., suggests "Unamailer" to describe "someone who replies to e-mail with one-word responses. Right. Good. Thanks." Ray Symmes, a business consultant in Portsmouth, Va., suggests a similar term. "BlackBerried," he writes, is "a short and possibly patronizing response to a thoughtful e-mail, suggesting it was received on a mobile device: 'good anal. of world hunger. thks.' "

full article available at http://www.nytimes.com/2006/04/23/jobs/23wcol.html?th&emc=th

on the iPod:
Neil Young, On the Beach

No comments: