29 March 2006

"If I go crazy...

I have great memory of fall 2000 after I returned to ATL from a summer long road trip with no place to stay. I was still couch surfing when football season started and on opening day set my alarm for something like 7:00 so that I could get up and secure coffee, bagels, and donuts for my hosts before we headed to Famous for an all day celebration.

The alarm went off and I woke up with a serious hangover & splitting headache - a little sore from sleeping on my buddy's floor - and on the radio was Kryptonite, by 3 Doors Down. Now, the "...then will you still call me Superman" part of that song landed it on the top 40 radio, a factor that probably turned you off...well, either that or the incredible guitar-pop sound. At any rate, the lyrics are good and I enjoy the song. You can add it to the list of cheezy songs (previously mentioned here and here) that I am glad I like, and feel sorry for you if you can't enjoy it. One of these days, I will actually write about the song that gave me that thought...

on the iPod:
Son Volt; Trace
Soul Asylum; Grave Dancer's Union

No comments: