17 July 2006

8 grand

I ran an 8k this weekend - it is probably the farthest & longest I have ever run without stoping. I finished and felt pretty goos about the whole thing - it was a blast and I am deffinitely worried that I may be getting hooked. I don't think I want to be one of those crazy runners, but I am going to do the 2007 marine corps marathon.

This weekend I averaged 9:20 minute miles on what I am told was a fairly hilly race.

I finished 84th out of 105 runners in my age group. Wednesday is my birthday. If the race had been held next weekend, I would have placed 71st out of 120.

The next race on my calendar is the Marine Corps 10k sometime in the fall - October I think. My tentative goal at this point is 9 minute miles. I have no idea how unreasonable or too easy that would be. We shall see.

No comments: